Kavdi bird watching point



It is that time of the year when the sky is painted red with Flamingo's. I was not interested to travel till Bhigwan, hence I was searching for any nearby places which I can visit. Then I found a bird watching point near Manjri. I couldn't find much details on searching except that
there is a pathway through the river, that made me think "ok let's check it out"


Despite being a morning person, I was able to go only after 2 weeks after finalizing. Even though it was end of January the air is very chill. We started around 7:15 am from Keshavnagar, the scenes en-route made me remember my childhood days. The rooster calls, smoke drifting from the firewood, kids warming themselves near the hot coals.
The place is easily accessible, it took us around 30 minutes to reach there. After crossing the toll Plaza on Solapur Highway take the first left after Manali resort. The road ends at the bird watching point.
When we reached there,our breath has become foggy. One side of the pathway has clear water and the other side has water hyacinth. Typical to a river environment, the river bed has accumulated waste the river collects while it has traveled through Pune.




there are various types of birds, as i am not an ornithologist i will not be able name all of them. We found normal ducks, egret and few varieties of small birds. Also spotted was a Kingfisher, identified by its blue colour and size. For regular bird watcher this place may be a disappointment. The other side of the river is a jungle with small path going through it which leads to Manjri area. The adventurous ones can take that path on bike. May be the lucky ones can find various Parakeet and other type of birds. We didn’t venture in that area, probably on next visit. I couldn’t take any pics as my DS was handful :)

On a whole the place is worth visiting once.

1 comment:

  1. Your post seems to be good it would be much better if you would have shared the images of sky painted with red. Anyways thanks for sharing.
    Trekking Backpack

    ReplyDelete

anything and everything is accepted...